CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE TUTORING
Sunday-Thursday: 8-10 p.m.
Work with trained Writing Center staff online
Real-time, 30-minute sessions
Directions to online tutoring
You can Do More with the Writing Center. We offer free one-on-one tutoring sessions(in-person and online) to develop your writing skills. Our tutors work with any skill level, from any class or discipline, at any stage of the writing process. While we are not a proofreading or editing service, tutors are happy to work with you on proofreading strategies and understanding mechanics. Schedule an appointment for a face-to-face tutoring session.
Learn more about the Writing Center by viewing the Orientation Video.
We can help you Do More with:
- Brainstorming, organizing, developing, and clarifying ideas
- Structuring sentences, understanding grammar, and using proper punctuation
- Researching topics and documenting sources
- Formatting and word processing questions
To Access Online Tutoring (Beginning February 10th):
- Go to Access online tutoring site.
- Click the "New User, create a new account here" link (you will only need to do this once)
- A registration page will open - fill in ara-pah-oecc as your access code
- Fill in the additional information the screen requests and click on "Register"
- After clicking "Register" a temporary password will be sent (almost immediately) to the email address you entered in the registration form. This password, along with the username you entered on the registration form, will allow you to log in. You may change your password the first time you log in.
- Click on “Live Session” to meet your tutor in real time. Your tutor will connect with you and either start your session immediately or you will be placed in queue and informed of your wait time
- When you log in for future sessions, you will just need to use your username and password.
Schedule a face-to-face appointment (Beginning February 4th):
- Appointments preferred. Available times are:
Monday: 9am - 7pm
Tuesday: 8am - 8pm
Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
Thursday: 9am - 8pm
Friday: 9am - Noon
- Schedule an appointment online.
Are you ready to Learn More? Come see us for 30-minute appointments with ACC writing instructors. During tutorial sessions, you will:
- Bring in papers for any class at any stage of the writing process
- Receive general help rather than specific proofreading and editing
- Access useful websites
- Print papers after working with tutors
Regardless of where you are in the writing process, we're here to help you. View our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information. Call 303.797.5893 or schedule an appointment.