You can Do More with the Writing Center. We offer free one-on-one tutoring sessions(in-person and online) to develop your writing skills. Our tutors work with any skill level, from any class or discipline, at any stage of the writing process. While we are not a proofreading or editing service, tutors are happy to work with you on proofreading strategies and understanding mechanics. Schedule an appointment for a face-to-face tutoring session.
We can help you Do More with:
- Brainstorming, organizing, developing, and clarifying ideas
- Structuring sentences, understanding grammar, and using proper punctuation
- Researching topics and documenting sources
- Formatting and word processing questions
- Log in to D2L.
- The first time students want to access the Writing Center in D2L, they need to click on the Self-Registration drop-down tab, click on Writing Center and follow the prompts. Once registration is complete, the Writing Center will appear in the student's D2L course list.
- Access the Writing Center shell from your D2L course listings.
- On the Writing Center D2L page, click on Communication and then Discussions.
- In the Discussion list, find the forum for "Online Tutoring."
- Under the Online Tutoring forum, click on the "Meet With a Tutor" topic.
- Follow the directions about posting in the "Meet With a Tutor" topic to request assistance from the tutor on duty.
Schedule face-to-face appointments with a tutor June 16 - August 6.
- Available times are the following:
Mondays: 9 a.m. - noon
Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m. - noon
Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - noon
- Schedule an appointment online.
Are you ready to Learn More? Come see us for 30-minute appointments with ACC writing instructors. During tutorial sessions, you will:
- Bring in papers for any class at any stage of the writing process
- Receive general help rather than specific proofreading and editing
- Access useful websites
- Print papers after working with tutors