What is Academic Advising?
Academic Advising is a partnership between Arapahoe Community College and its students. The Advising staff will guide you as you move towards graduation and your academic and career goals. This assistance can include:
- Developing an academic plan.
- Helping students understand the College's degree and certificate programs, interpreting College procedures.
- Registration assistance, transfer guidance.
- Referrals to campus resources that will help you succeed in the classroom.
Students are ultimately responsible for making decisions that achieve career and academic goals. The Academic Advising staff is here to support you along the way!
Here's what we promise you...
We will work to empower you to become responsible consumers of your own education. We will work to build collaborative, responsive, and caring relationships in order to:
- Identify your strengths and challenges to maximize their your goals.
- Connect academic and career goals.
- Provide accurate and timely information.
What you should do to get the most from your time with an Academic Advisor
- Access ACC's Registration Checklist to determine the steps necessary to enroll in classes.
- Formulate questions, think about your academic and career goals, and gather academic records before your meeting.
- Complete the ACCUPLACER Placement Test and attend New Student Orientation prior to meeting with an Academic Advisor.
- Be ready to answer and ask a lot of questions.
- Discuss challenges to your educational success and how to resolve them. Ask about student success resources on campus.
- Discuss the courses you need to take over the next few semesters in order to reach your educational and career goals.
- Investigate and discuss your post-ACC transfer and career options with ACC's Career & Transfer Center.
- Write down what you discussed with your Advisor. Take their business card for follow-up questions.
Academic Advising Resources for Students
|Developmental Education Resources|