ACC will initially notify financial aid applicants by letter and student email address. All subsequent communication will be through student email address only. It is important to read the information sent to you. You should plan for the process to be awarded financial aid to take about 4 weeks.
When you complete the FAFSA online, the US Department of Education reviews your information and sends your FAFSA to ACC within a week. ACC will contact you when we receive your FAFSA. This notification will be through the US mail or to your student email account and will instruct you to either provide more information or tell you what your financial aid award is. If you are asked to provide more information, it is important to respond to the request as soon as possible. Any delay in responding will result in a delay in receiving a financial aid award.
When you are determined eligible for federal funds (Pell grant), state funds (state grant), scholarships, or work study, you will receive an award letter.
Important things to know about your financial aid award:
- Each award (unless otherwise stated) is based on full-time enrollment (12 or more units). It will be adjusted based on your actual enrollment after the ADD/DROP period. The US Department of Education requires that you attend at least half time (6 credit hours) to be eligible for most funds.
- If you wish to accept or increase your loan, you are required to complete additional steps, click here.
- All financial aid refunds are made available after the ADD/DROP deadline on the CCCS Refund Card.
- You must meet and follow Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines for financial aid.
- You must have a current address on file at all times with both the Financial Aid Office and the Admissions & Records Office.
- You must not accept any payment of financial aid if you have plans to reduce your course load or know that you will not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards or student responsibilities (link to Student Rights and Responsibilities or handbook).
- Future awards may be partially or fully canceled if you do not comply with the rules, regulations, agreements, or deadlines.
- You may access your financial aid award online through the Student Finance tab on .
Phone 303.797.5661, or e-mail email@example.com, for more information on these processes.