Would you like to schedule a D2L training session with eLearning? Call us at 303.797.5080 to schedule a one-on-one training session. You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Workshops and Webinars (Faculty)
You can enjoy the webinars (online presentations) from the comfort of your home. The workshops are hands-on sessions and will be offered in the eLearning Department (Room M1710). If you are attending a webinar, click on the "Join Meeting" link on the scheduled date and time (preferably 15 minutes before start) of the meeting. Webinars and workshops are timed at approximately an hour (60 minutes).
The following webinars and workshops are geared towards providing step-by-step hands-on training for creating accessible course documents.
- Accessible Word: Learn how to use accessibility guidelines to create Word documents.
- Accessible D2L: Learn how to use accessibility guidelines to create D2L (HTML) documents.
- Accessible PPT (PowerPoint): Learn how to use accessibility guidelines to create PowerPoint documents.
- Podcasting & Captioning: Record your own podcast and learn how to caption it using Camtasia Studio.
- D2L Q&A: A question and answer session with members of the eLearning team and members of the online advisory committee. Ask questions or address issues that you are having in your D2L course.
- SoftChalk: Learn how to use SoftChalk to build interactive lessons for your D2L courses. It is a great tool to increase student interaction and engagement in online courses.
- Course Builder: Learn how to use and apply the course builder tool in D2L to build your online course from scratch. You can also use this tool to redesign or edit your existing course.
- Kurzweil 3000: Learn how to use the Kurzweil 3000 learning tool to make your curriculum accessible for all students. This tool is particularly helpful for students with learning difficulties.
- Universal Design for Learning: Learn about the concept of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and how it can help all students to meet your learning objectives. Hear it from the experts.
- Understanding and Assisting Students with Learning Disabilities: Have you ever struggled with a student's learning challenges? Learning Disabilities (L.D.) might be the explanation. L.D. can be both evident and elusive. Please join this discussion, which will increase your awareness of L.D., and your instructional flexibility and creativity as well.
March 30, 2015 (Monday) – 2 p.m.: Accessible Word - WEBINAR JOIN MEETING
March 31, 2015 (Tuesday) – 10 a.m.: D2L Q&A - WEBINAR JOIN MEETING
April 1, 2015 (Wednesday) – 9 a.m.: Accessible D2L - WEBINAR JOIN MEETING
April 2, 2015 (Thursday) – 11 a.m.: Accessible PowerPoint - WEBINAR JOIN MEETING