Would you like to schedule a D2L training session with eLearning? Call us at 303.797.5080 to schedule a one-on-one training session. You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desire2Learn (D2L) version 10.3 is the learning management system used at ACC to offer mainly Online and Hybrid courses. All other courses also have an online component in D2L where you can find course materials such as the syllabus, handouts and even look up your current grades. Below is a list of documentation and tutorial videos that would help you get started in D2L.
- Getting Started - Set up your account settings PDF (Watch Video) and set up your profile PDF (Watch Video) information to share with others in your class. You can also set up to receive course notifications PDF (Watch Video) on your cell phone and/or a different email address.
- Course Announcements PDF - Learn more about the news tool which is used by your instructor to publish course announcements. You will see this on the homepage of the course. (Watch Video)
- How to access and view Content PDF - The Content section in Desire2Learn is where you usually find all the materials for your online course. This may be designed by weeks, modules or units. View this document to learn where to find the Content section and how to navigate in it. (Watch Video)
- Online Discussions PDF - Most of the interaction between classmates and the instructor in an online course takes place through the Discussions section in Desire2Learn. This document walks you through the basic steps on how to access, view and participate in online discussions. (Watch Video)
- Using the Equation Editor PDF in online discussions
- Submitting an Assignment through the DropBox PDF - The Dropbox in Desire2Learn is where you can submit your assignments. Your instructor usually sets up a Dropbox folder and provides instructions. View this document to learn how to submit your assignment or paper in the Dropbox so that your instructor can receive it online. (Watch Video)
- View Feedback on Turnitin PDF - Some instructors provide detailed feedback using the Grademark tool in Turnitin. Turnitin is a plagiarism detection site that is integrated with D2L. Check with your instructor if they use this feature to provide feedback. (Watch Video)
- Taking an Online Quiz PDF - This document explains where to access your quizzes or exams in Desire2Learn. It also provides information on how to start your quiz. Also, here are some quick tips PDF for taking a successful quiz.(Watch Video)
- View your Grades PDF - View all your current grades in your online course. This document guides you through the process of accessing the Grades section in Desire2Learn to view all your current grades. (Watch Video)
- D2L Email PDF - Your Desire2Learn (D2L) email is an internal email which only sends and receives emails inside the D2L environment. You therefore have to log in to D2L to access emails from your online courses. View this document to learn more about the Email tool in D2L. (Watch Video)
- The Classlist PDF - The Classlist is where you can see a list of everyone enrolled in the course with you. This is the easiest place to send emails in D2L, view user profiles and send page messages. (Watch Video)
- View your Attendance PDF - Provided your instructor is using the Attendance tool available in D2L, you can keep a track of your attendance online. This is mainly used in traditional courses that have an online D2L component. (Watch Video)
- User Progress PDF - Track your course progress in D2L using the view progress tool. This document explains where to find and how to use the tool. (Watch Video)
- How to set up your calendar display PDF (Watch Video)
- How to view your calendar PDF (Watch Video)
- How to create and add events PDF (Watch Video)
- How to create personal tasks PDF (Watch Video)
- How to manage calendar events PDF (Watch Video)
- How to export events and subscribe to iCalendar PDF (Watch Video)
Is your computer ready for an Online Course? View technology requirements and expectations PDF.
Have you cleared your browser cache and temporary Internet files recently? If not, find out how PDF.
24x7 Help Desk:
Assistance for your student email and Desire2Learn. Available 24/7 via Chat, Email, or Phone: 1.888.800.9198. Or, go to the CCCS Help website.