Writers Studio: A Community for Writers
Passionate about writing? Join ACC's literary community and thrive
Established in 2004, the ACC Writers Studio is a community for writers of all ages and skill levels. We invite writers from our school and community to experience the writing life through creative writing courses, workshops, literary contests, festivals, and readings. We invite local and national writers to share their words and expertise with our students and community members.
Writers Studio Events: Festivals, workshops, literary contests, readings and open mics offer opportunities for writers of every level to connect and develop their craft. These events are open to ACC students and the community at large and many are free.
Creative Writing Classes: Fiction, creative nonfiction, flash fiction, literary magazine, how to get published, advanced creative writing, anyone?Spring 2014 schedule of classes
- AA Degree with a Creative Writing Emphasis: Our AA Degree with a Creative Writing Emphasis nurtures beginning and experienced writers with a comprehensive program of creative writing and literature courses taught by a nationally-published faculty of writers including Chris Ransick, Denver's former poet laureate, Kathryn Winograd, Colorado Book Award Winner, and Leah Rogin-Roper, Fast Forward Press Editor. Explore multiple genres in creative writing. Sharpen critical thinking and analytical skills through the study of past and contemporary literary masters. Create a portfolio of creative work in a chosen genre and participate in a public reading performance. Click for our AA Degree with Creative Writing Emphasis Brochure and to access the catalogue link for the Associates of Arts in Creative Writing degree requirements.
- “Articulation Agreement”: Credit transfer agreements with Adams State College and Western State College of Colorado help our Creative Writing graduates to carry as many credits as possible into a BA English/Creative Writing program. Click here for more information on our Articulation Agreement with Adams State College. Click here for more information on our Articulation Agreement with Western State College of Colorado. We also work with the University College at the Universtiy of Denver Bachelor of Arts Completion Program and CSU Global campus. This 60 credit hour AA degree includes 38 Colorado's Guaranteed Transfer Courses and 22 creative writing-focused credit hours. The 22 credit hour creative writing courses generally transfer as electives to four year institutions. Check with the institution's English and Advising departments for specific details.
- The Writers Studio Credential gives students seeking another degree emphasis yet interested in a secondary focus in creative writing to receive an 18 credit hour Professional Achievement Award. Click for specific information about the Credential program.
- The Writers Studio Scholarship: Each year the Writers Studio offers a scholarship to ACC students interested in taking creative writing classes. Click for more information.
- Writers Studio Club is open to ACC students and Community Ed students. Please join us! For more information, e-mail our faculty advisor,Kathryn Winograd at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.797.5815.
- Partnership with ACC Community Education: Each semester, Writers Studio offers non-degree seeking writers the chance to take upper-level workshops in fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry and publishing through our Community Ed program. Contact Community Education.
- Progenitor Art and Literary Journal: ACC's prize-winning literary magazine. Click here to for our literary magazine web page and submission guidelines.
Interested? You can receive the Writers Studio monthly newsletter for more information.
Dr. Kathryn Winograd, Coordinator of the Writers Studio
303.797.5815 or e-mail: email@example.com