Writers Studio: A Community for Writers
Passionate about writing? Join ACC's literary community and thrive
Established in 2004, the ACC Writers Studio is a community for writers of all ages and skill levels. We invite writers from our school and community to experience the writing life through creative writing courses, workshops, literary contests, festivals, and readings. We invite local and national writers to share their words and expertise with our students and community members.
- Writers Studio Events: Festivals, workshops, literary contests, readings and open mics offer opportunities for writers of every level to connect and develop their craft. These events are open to ACC students and the community at large and many are free.
- Creative Writing Classes: ACC offers creative writing classes each semester as part of its AA degree with Creative Emphasis: Introduction to Creative Writing, Advanced Creative Writing, Poetry, Fiction,Creative Nonfiction, Publishing, Novel Writing, Literary Journal and others. Looking to Write into Spring: check out our creative writing offerings for Spring 2015?
- AA Degree with a Creative Writing Emphasis: Our AA Degree with a Creative Writing Emphasis nurtures beginning and experienced writers with a comprehensive program of creative writing and literature courses. Explore multiple genres in creative writing. Sharpen critical thinking and analytical skills through the study of past and contemporary literary masters.
For detailed information about our Creative Writing Emphasis, visit our Creative Writing webpage. You can also download our Creative Writing Emphasis Brochure and view the catalog for the Associates of Arts in Creative Writing degree requirements.
- “Articulation Agreements”: Credit transfer agreements with Adams State College, Santa Fe School of Art and Design, and Western State College of Colorado help our Creative Writing graduates to carry as many credits as possible into a BA English/Creative Writing program. (This does not mean that your credits will not transfer to other four-year programs). We also have close partnerships with Regis University, University College at the University of Denver, and CSU Global.
- Progenitor Art and Literary Journal: ACC's prize-winning literary journal. Progenitor Art and Literary Journal is produced each spring by ENG 231 Literary Magazine and the Multi media Graphic Design Capstone 281. Visit our Progenitor Online website for Progenitor 2014, interviews, art and writing, and information on submitting.
- Writers Studio Literary Contest: each spring, Writers Studio holds a literary contest with individual prizes for Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction. This year's contest opens December 1st: Click here for our Writers Studio Literary Contest page.
- or Click below for the submission page for Progenitor and the Writers Studio Literary Contest.
- The Writers Studio Credential gives students seeking another degree emphasis yet interested in a secondary focus in creative writing the ability to receive an 18 credit hour Professional Achievement Award. Find more specific information about the Credential program.
- The Writers Studio Scholarship: Each year the Writers Studio offers a scholarship to ACC students interested in taking creative writing classes. Visit our Writers Studio Scholarship page for more information.
- Writers Studio Club is open to ACC students and Community Ed students. Please join us! For more information, Email our faculty advisor, Kathryn Winograd at email@example.com or call 303.797.5815.
- Partnership with ACC Community Education: Each semester, Writers Studio offers non-degree seeking writers the chance to take upper-level workshops in fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry and publishing through our Community Ed program. Contact Community Education to learn more.
Interested? You can receive the Writers Studio monthly newsletter for more information. See bottom link in the left menu for past newsletters.
Dr. Kathryn Winograd, Coordinator of the Writers Studio
303.797.5815 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org