Phlebotomy is the acquired professional skill of performing venipunctures (drawing blood).
The Medical Laboratory Technology department offers a Phlebotomy Certificate on-campus in the fall and spring semesters. Students will take HPR 112 (Phlebotomy) and HPR 113 (Advanced Phlebotomy).
The Phlebotomy Certificate:
- is a 12-week course
- meets on Tuesday and Thursday from 5-8 p.m.
- requires a total of eight credits
- requires 120 hours of clinical internship at hospital and clinic sites
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the Phlebotomy Applicant List no later than May 31, 2014 for the Fall 2014 semester.
- include your name, address and phone number.
- you will receive a letter of application after the deadline.
- return the application to Arapahoe Community College.
- 20 applicants will be selected by the Department Chair for the class.
This certificate is not eligible for financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid Office if further clarification is required.
Please follow the application process for the Phlebotomy Certificate Program for information on how to apply to the ACC Phlebotomy certificate program. A Criminal Background Check is required for all phlebotomy students.
Rosalie S. Moncada
Health, Sciences and Engineering