Want to get back into the nursing field?
You can Move Mountains at ACC!
- Designed for the RN who has been away from practice 2 or more years
- Enhances your nursing knowledge and clinical skills
- Reactives a lapsed license in accordance with CO State Board Policies
- Prepares you for re-entry into active practice
- Instructor advises and gives guidance as you progress through the modules of the program
The RN Refresher Program is offered in three modules:
- Module 1 is a 10-week lecture and online course held on Friday mornings for 4 hours at the ACC Parker Campus (map)
- Module 2 is five sessions of hands-on Skills Lab utilizing the nursing lab at our Parker Campus. The 5 weeks are integrated into the 10 week program typically on Friday afternoons.
- Module 3 consists of 120 hours of onsite practicum experience at an approved nursing facility after passing the previous modules and a final exam.
Pre-Requirements for the program are:
- Current or Lapsed RN Refresher license from Colorado or any other state.
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers card
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Current Immunizations: MMR, Hep B, PPD, TDap, Varicella and Influenza
- Background Check and Drug Screen
- Physician's approval that you are in good health
- Current Health Insurance coverage
ACC Workforce will advise you on how to obtain all the above items.
The next course will begin in the Spring of 2016. Space is still available.
To learn more about this program, call 303.734.3701.