Train for a rewarding career!
Professional Medical Coding and Billing (PMCB) includes:
- Preparation for national certification exams
- Course developed by previous AHIMA employees and industry leading experts in ICD-10
- an entirely online program with optional Discussion Groups bi-monthly in Parker, CO
- Learning medical terminology and coding standards
- Studying specific inpatient and outpatient medical code sets using ICD-10
- Training on 3M encoding software-used by many industry employers
- Be ready for a successful transition to the workplace
- Convenient at home studying and possible working at home
Medical Billing only course:
The Medical Billing program helps students develop the knowledge and skills needed to successfully work in healthcare reimbursement. Students learn medical terminology, documentation and confidentiality, medical coding basics, and patient billing and collections as well as specialized considerations such as the ICD-10 code set and X12 5010 billing system. In addition to one-on-one instructor support and personalized graduate support, students receive five textbooks and a one-year membership to the American Medical Billing Association.