The BLS Provider course meets the requirements of American Heart Association Basic Life Support for those who work in Emergency Services, Health Care and other professional areas. Material presented in this course is basic patient assessment, basic airway management, rescue breathing, AED use and CPR for infant, children and adult patients. To receive a course completion card/certificate, students will be required to successfully demonstrate appropriate CPR with the use of an AED and complete the BLS exam at a score greater than 84%. An AHA BLS Provider manual is required during the class. Books are not provided.
Sat, June 1, 9am-2pm | Littleton Campus
EMSS 1015M01-58113 | $79, plus manual*
Sat, Aug 17, 9am-2pm | Littleton Campus
EMSS 1015M02-58114 | $79, plus manual*
Sat, Aug 24, 9am-2pm | Littleton Campus
EMSS 1015M03-58115 | $79, plus manual*
BLS Renewal Skills Session
This 2 hour course meets the American Heart Association BLS Provider Renewal requirements to remain current with BLS Provider CPR certification. If you have a current BLS for Healthcare Providers or BLS Provider card due to expire, or within 60-days expired, you can register for the Renewal Course. A copy of your current card must be presented at the time of the course. This renewal course will review all aspects of the initial provider course. To receive a course completion card/certificate, students will be required to successfully demonstrate appropriate CPR with the use of an AED and complete the BLS exam at a score greater than 84%. An AHA BLS Provider manual is required during the class. Books are not provided.
Sat, June 1, 2-4pm | Littleton Campus | closed
EMSS 1016M01-58116 | $39, plus manual*
Sat, Aug 17, 2-4pm | Littleton Campus
EMSS 1016M02-58117 | $39, plus manual*
Sat, Aug 24, 2-4pm | Littleton Campus
EMSS 1016M03-58118 | $39, plus manual*
Heartsaver First Aid, CPR and AED
This OSHA approved course is designed for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements. It is also perfect for anyone wanting to be pre- pared in the event of an injury or emergency. Heartsaver® First Aid, CPR and AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives. Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult, child and infant CPR and AED use. Students will receive a Heartsaver® First Aid, CPR and AED course completion card, valid for two years. The cost of the course includes the completion card ($20 fee).
Sat, June 29, 9am-4pm | Littleton Campus
EMSS 1013M01-58112 | $99, plus book
The Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program is a six-month program that prepares students to take the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) test through the National Healthcareer Association. Apprentices will be hired by Centura Health as Medical Assistant apprentices while completing their medical assistant training through Arapahoe Community College. Once individuals have completed their training they will be hired on full-time at a Centura Health facility as a Medical Assistant.
Medical Assistants are allied health professionals who work alongside providers to perform both administrative and clinical duties in mostly outpatient care facilities. They are cross-trained for both front and back office duties such as answering telephones, greeting patients, and coding/billing insurance forms. They are a vital partner to the provider in the care of the patient. Back office responsibilities include taking medical histories, assisting in examinations and procedures, patient education, and performing or arranging a vast array of medical tests.
What will this apprenticeship get you?
CCMA Certification and employment as a Medical Assistant at Centura
Is there a cost?
What are the qualifications/requirements?
High School diploma/ GED – ACT/SAT scores or ACCUPLACER results
How long is the apprenticeship?
6-month apprenticeship program
Who do you contact?
Shao Yeung | 303.797.5723 | shao.yeung [at] arapahoe.edu
Professional Medical Coding and Billing (PMCB) includes:
- Preparation for national certification exams
- Course developed by previous AHIMA employees and industry leading experts in ICD-10
- An entirely online program with optional Discussion Groups bi-monthly in Parker, CO
- Learning medical terminology and coding standards
- Studying specific inpatient and outpatient medical code sets using ICD-10
- Training on 3M encoding software-used by many industry employers
- Be ready for a successful transition to the workplace
- Convenient at home studying and possible working at home
Medical Billing only course:
The Medical Billing program helps students develop the knowledge and skills needed to successfully work in healthcare reimbursement. Students learn medical terminology, documentation and confidentiality, medical coding basics, and patient billing and collections as well as specialized considerations such as the ICD-10 code set and X12 5010 billing system. In addition to one-on-one instructor support and personalized graduate support, students receive five textbooks and a one-year membership to the American Medical Billing Association.
What do Medical Transcriptionists do?
- Type voice recordings made by physicians or other health care professionals into medical reports
- Use their knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, diagnostic procedures and treatment
- Create accurate medical records
About Our Program
- Completely online
- Provides skills necessary to succeed in this growing healthcare field
- Improves computer and typing skills while developing competency in medical transcription
- Convenient at home studying and working
- Competency-based - you move on when you demonstrate ability in the current lesson
- As soon as you pass all tests and the final exam, you’re ready for employment
- The cost of the program is $2,995.00
Program Benefits Include:
- Flexible schedule allows you to learn the material at your own pace
- You acquire the necessary tools to become a successful medical transcriptionist
- You can discuss current class topics with other students in forums and real-time chat rooms
- Monthly discussion groups focus on career opportunities, job hunting, resume writing and related topics