Take advantage of ACC’s most valuable resource: our students! Work with other students who have done well in many courses show you how to be more successful. Our tutors understand how difficult college life can be and want to help you avoid some of the struggles that all students face.
Don't wait. Move Mountains toward your goals with peer tutors. View the Peer Tutoring Schedule to find a time and peer tutor that meets your needs.
Are you searching for more general study tips or ways to cope with stress? Join us for one of our Fall 2017 Workshops.
Are you interested in becoming a peer tutor? View the requirements and benefits, and apply below.
- At least nine credit hours completed at ACC
- A 3.4 or higher GPA
- Desire to help other students be successful
- Support students in classes you have excelled in
- Share specific study strategies that have worked for you
- Provide general college information
- Be on call for individual help, small groups, and even phone calls
- Visit classes to promote the Center and offer basic college survival skills
- Assist students with special needs
- Increase knowledge about subjects you tutor
- Add experience to your resume
- Become eligible for various campus opportunities