For Kindles, Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, iPod and iPads
(Effective January 2, 2013)
- Checkout period for Kindle/Kindle DX is 3 weeks with 1 renewal.
- Checkout period for iPad/iPod/Kindle Fire/Kindle Fire HD is 2 weeks with no renewal.
- You may only have 1 device at a time. Upon returning a device, you will have to wait a period of one week before the same device can be checked out again. You must initial and sign a user agreement with each checkout.
- You can recommend up to 2 books for purchase from the Kindle store per semester* regardless of how many devices you check out during the semester. Fill out a request form or email email@example.com with the title and author of the book(s) you would like downloaded to the device you have checked out. Downloads will occur within 1 business day as long as the digital item is not taxed. We cannot pay tax. In the event a book’s cost exceeds what is normal and customary, a committee of librarians will determine the value of adding the requested book to our collection.
- Overdue fees for the Kindle/Kindle DX/Kindle Fire/Kindle Fire HD/iPad/iPod are $1.00 per day. Overdue fees for accompanying cords are $0.25 cents per day. Patrons who consistently do not return devices in a timely manner may lose their borrowing privileges for these devices.
- If you place a hold on a device, you will be notified via your ACC issued email address when the device is available for pick up. Devices will be held for 5 days.
- This program is only available to ACC students and employees.
* Semester dates:
Spring Semester: January 1 – May 31
Summer Semester: June 1 – July 31 (during fiscal year end, last part of June, we will not be able to make purchases)
Fall Semester: August 1 – December 31