State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education policy (BP 4-10) states that students must be a minimum of 17 years of age to enroll in classes. Arapahoe Community College recognizes that there are younger students whose performance in their current academic environment is exceptional and who may be prepared to work in a college classroom situation with college-level expectations and without additional considerations for age differences and/or maturity levels. To apply for an exemption to the 17-year age requirement, a prospective student may initiate an underage admission application as follows:
- Apply for admission to ACC
- Submit Basic Skills assessment scores or appropriate ACT/SAT scores. (Student must meet the required Basic Skills Test scores for all classes for which the student wishes to enroll).
- Submit Student/Parent Consent Form (parent and student must schedule an appointment to review and sign).
- Submit high school transcript (If applicable).
- Complete an Authorized Release of Student Information Form (FERPA) (Optional).
- Submit a Concurrent Enrollment Agreement and Registration Form (if requesting high school credit).
All completed documents need to be forwarded to the Director of Student Recruitment and Outreach. The students’ eligibility for admissions, appropriateness of course selection and college expectations will be reviewed. All students are encouraged to meet with an advisor each semester to ensure they are choosing appropriate coursework in order to make satisfactory academic progress toward their degree/certificate.