CORA - Colorado Open Records Act

In the spirit of open government, the Colorado Open Records Act requires that most public records be available to the public. Anyone can request information that is in the possession of a government office, including the Secretary of State’s office.

How to submit a records request:

There is no special form to fill out for a CORA request. If you want to gain access to information and evoke the CORA law, then you must make a written request to the Custodian of Records. The Custodian of Records at Arapahoe Community College is the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services, Dr. Belinda Aaron.

You can send your request by mail, email, or fax to:

Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services
Dr. Belinda Aaron Custodian of Records
5900 S. Santa Fe Drive; Campus Box 3
Littleton, CO 80160-9002
Fax: (303) 797-5782

Please note: Requests sent via e-mail will not automatically be accepted. Due to spam filters and similar computer software, ACC cannot guarantee that an e-mail request has been received by the Custodian.

To make sure that you receive the information you want, include the following with your request:

  • Your full name, mailing address, and email address.
  • Your phone number so that we can contact you if we have questions about your request.
  • A detailed list or description of the specific information that you are seeking including records sought, relevant dates, and parties to the correspondence. The more specific your request is, the faster we can complete it. Being specific also helps us to avoid giving you too much or too little information.
  • Requests for public records to be delivered digitally will be determined in accordance with SP 3-110 Records Management and Colorado Open Records Act Requests.

See SP 3-110 for detailed procedures, including timing and costs, for filing a CORA request.

You will not be asked why you need the information. However, you may be asked to clarify the request in order to determine which documents are relevant to complete the CORA request