The Higher Learning Commission's Visit to ACC
Monday, October 10, 2016
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. President's Cabinet and Direct Reports - M3670
9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Deans/Directors/Executive Directors - Half Moon
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Administrative Estate - Supervisors - Half Moon, Staff - Summit Room
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Students - Half Moon
1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Classified Estate - Summit Room
2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Faculty - Summit Room
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Adjunct Faculty - Summit Room, Student Affairs Leadership Team - Advising Conference Room
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. ACC President Dr. Doyle, Ex. Director ACC Foundation - Courtney Loehfelm, Advisory Council - M3670
9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Half Moon - Assessment Committee (College Assessment Project Team), Curriculum Committee, Academic Integrity Committee
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Half Moon - Reaffirmation Committee, Strategic Enrollment Management, Inclusivity and Diversity Project
The Commission’s Evaluation Team will conduct a comprehensive evaluation visit to the ACC campuses October 10 – 12, 2016.
The Evaluation Team’s role is to:
- Evaluate the institution to ascertain the extent to which it fulfills the Criteria for Accreditation;
- Provide consultation relative to the ongoing improvement of the institution; and
- Recommend the affiliation status that the institution should have with the Commission.
A comprehensive visit for continued accreditation normally lasts three days. The visit includes both an Opening Session and an Exit Session. The evaluation team will expect access to a resource room that might also include easy online access to virtual resources, with exhibits from the self-study report.
Evaluation team chairs may request scheduled appointments with key people, such as members of the governing board, representatives of the state coordinating board, faculty representatives, student representatives, or alumni and community leaders.
The Commission requires institutions undergoing a comprehensive evaluation to publish basic information about the visit to the campus community and invite the public to provide written comments to the Commission. These comments are shared with the team members.
Questions the HLC Team may ask YOU
- How would you describe ACC's mission?
- How does your department contribute to ACC's mission and Student Success?
- What are ACC's current strategic planning directions?
- What are ACC's greatest strengths and challenges?
- What are the characteristics of an ACC education?
- What is your deparment's vision for the future?
- What is the role of faculty in ensuring academic quality?
- What opportunities do you have for professional development?
- What do you like best about your job?
- How does the work you do contribute to the college mission and student success?