What is TRiO/Educational Talent Search?
This program is designed for students in grades six-twelve and for students who want to re-enter the education system (up to age twenty seven). If you know a student in grades six-twelve, or are a motivated student who needs help accessing post-secondary education and becoming a success, TRiO/Educational Talent Search is for YOU!
The focus is to encourage you to graduate from high school and then continue to a post-secondary school of your choice. Receive assistance in the following areas:
- Career Exploration
- College Admissions Process
- Educational Field Trips
- College Visits/Tours
- Course Planning
- Financial Aid Planning / Workshops
- Scholarship Information
- Interest Assessments
- Self-Awareness Workshops
- ACT / SAT Fee Waivers
- Access to the Daniel’s Fund Scholarship
TRiO/ETS Schools Served
- Englewood Middle School
- Kepner Middle School
- Kunsmiller Creative Arts Academy
- Sheridan Middle School
- Englewood High School
- Sheridan High School
- John F. Kennedy High School
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- South High School
Are You Eligible?
The TRiO/Educational Talent Search program is completely FREE if you meet the following:
- enrolled in grades 6-12 or not more than 27 years of age needing help with re-entering a post-secondary school of your choice
- are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (U.S. National; temporary or permanent resident of the U.S.)
- receive preference if your family income does not exceed guidelines established by the Federal Government
- natural parent(s) have not earned a four-year college/university degree
Are You Interested?
- Call 303.797.5987
- pick up an application from your counselor
- Complete the application
- Drop off the application at the Counseling Office at your school or at the TRiO/ETS office located at Arapahoe Community College
- You will receive a call or a notification letting you know that you are eligible for the program!
Other useful information
The TRiO/Educational Talent Search Program is in partnership with the Denver Scholarship Foundation.
The TRiO/Educational Talent Search Program at Arapahoe Community College is 100% federally funded at $226,600 annually.