Are you ready to begin a career in health care in a steadily growing field? Are you interested in a career that will allow you to continue to learn and help people? Become a Pharmacy Technician.
Our Pharmacy Technician Program (PHT) is designed in accordance with the standards of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). You will learn pharmacy fundamentals and essential technical skills necessary for entry-level technician positions, where you will work under a pharmacists’ supervision. Our graduates are also employed in various health care settings related to the pharmacy profession.
This hybrid program spans two semesters, each 15 weeks in length. Both semester are comprised of courses with integrated, hands-on lab exercises. After successfully completing the didactic portion, you will be prepared to do clinical externships in both Community and Institutional pharmacy settings.
As a Pharmacy Tech student, you will enjoy:
- Face-to-face classroom time with all courses
- State-of-the-art Pharmacy Automation lab
- Integrated hands-on lab exercises in every course
- Two externships (160 hours each) in Community/Retail and Institutional Pharmacies
- Courses offered in an online/hybrid format for 24/7 class access
- Faculty who are experts in the field and dedicated to your success
- Accredited by the American Society for Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- Student technicians are well-prepared to sit for the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam, offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Salary information
- Mandatory program orientation is required for all registered students before the start of semester
- Required courses must be completed with a 'C' or better to meet graduation requirements
- Review admission requirement and submit a program application
- Schedule an interview with Ann Oberg, Department Chair, Pharmacy Technician Program.
- Phone: 303.797.5944
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Obtain a "Pharm Tech Student" ID badge from Campus Police in M2600
- Criminal Background Check
|Pharmacy Tech (PHT)|
Est. Tuition and Fees
|1st Sem.||2nd Sem.||Est. books/|
check and drug screen
NOTE: You must complete the application process before enrolling in any PHT course