Exercise Health Sciences Program Internship Experience
The Internal Practicum experience (HWE 288) is required for students wishing to earn a degree or certificate in the Exercise Health Sciences (EHS) program at Arapahoe Community College. Internal practicums are conducted in facilities approved by the EHS program and college that include fitness, health and sport facilities throughout the metro area.
The internship practicum experience (HWE 288) is designed so that the student will put to use the skills, experiences and knowledge gained through the Exercise Health Sciences Program. Upon completion of the internship the student will have gained experience, knowledge and confidence for an entry level position within the area of fitness and wellness.
Some common benefits of an internship:
- Students step into the real world for job experience, putting their theoretical knowledge into action.
- Students learn a tremendous amount of information.
- Students are able to continue learning in a safe and supervised setting.
- Students are able to learn from mistakes in a non-threatening environment.
- Students can ask questions and learn from professionals already in the field.
- Students learn how to dress, socialize in the workforce with co-workers, deal with supervisors and different personalities, and how to interact with clients’ different personalities and needs. These are skills that may be difficult to learn in a structured classroom environment.
- Begin your internship as a sponge, ready and willing to learn about everything!
- Take your internship seriously, many internship positions can turn into paid positions.
- The internship site can be a critical reference for future jobs.
- Build your fitness resumé beginning with your internship; take advantage of as many learning opportunities as possible. Use the internship to increase your marketability!
Learn about the goals and objectives of the internship program.
Internships at ACC’s Fitness Center are also available to students majoring in Exercise Health Sciences or a related field at an accredited high school, vocational school or institution of higher learning.
If you would like more information about internships at Arapahoe Community College’s Fitness facility, please contact email@example.com or 303.797.5856. Office A1615 is located at 5900 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, CO 80120.
Good Luck and Enjoy!