The goal for Developmental Education courses at ACC is to offer a wide range of learning-centered activities that:
- Develop in each learner the skills and attitudes necessary for the attainment of academic, career and life goals
- Ensure proper placement by assessing each learner's level of preparedness for college coursework
- Maintain academic standards by enabling learners to acquire competencies needed for success in mainstream college courses
- Increase student retention
- Earn Work Ethic Certification upon successful course completion and exam score of 90% or higher
Dedicated ACC professors will work with you in a classroom setting to teach you the skills, strategies, and techniques you need to learn to succeed in college. You WILL become a better student -- in ALL of your classes.
We aren't born with study skills, we learn them!
- Have been out of college for a while
- Could use strategies for becoming a better student
- Are interested in discovering new ways to better retain the information you learn
These classes are for you!
**Required co-requisite for students enrolled in CCR 092