- Art Galleries
- Student Life
- Child Care
- Fitness Center
- Library & Learning Commons
- Technology at ACC
- Facility Rental
ACC Fine Art Juried Student Show Submission Information
- Submissions accepted from November 18 through Sunday, March 8, 2020 (midnight MST)
- Juror will make selections on Monday, March 9
- Students will be notified March 10 via email or you may log in to see the results
- Delivery of accepted artwork will be on Wednesday - Friday, March 11,12,13 (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) and Monday, March 23 (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- We will be closed over Spring Break.
- Work will be delivered to the Colorado Gallery of the Arts, Main building, NE end called the Annex, 1st floor, A1300, 303.797.5649
- Jewelry and Metals will be delivered to Amy Bailey in the Jewelry and Metals Department, March 23.
DIGITAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Students may submit up to 4 works total.
- Limit 1 image per 2-D work; 3 images per 3-D work.
- 1280 Pixels Largest Dimension at 100PPI, JPEG format.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY: Accepted work not meeting the conditions below will NOT be exhibited.
- Students must be part of the Studio Arts, Fine Arts Associates Program.
- Art from the PHO, CTE, MGDI or Community Education Programs are not eligible.
- Installations must be installed by the artist on installation day and removed by the artist on de-installation day.
- Accepted works must remain in the show for the duration of the exhibition.
- Entrance/Application form must be fully completed and signed. Entrance of work indicates acceptance of the above conditions of eligibility. Students with accepted work must complete a contract when delivering art at the gallery.
- 2D work must have an installation wire securely attached to the back of the piece.
- Paintings must be dry.
- If your piece requires screws, cleats, brackets, or other devices you MUST obtain permission with gallery director prior to installation. These pieces will be installed and removed by the artist under close supervision of the faculty or gallery director, as not to damage the walls.
- The gallery will provide nails and 1 inch L- hooks.
- Pedestal work must fit on our pedestals 17x17 inches.
- No adhesives and hot glue may be used on the pedestal.
- No drilling, cutting or customization may be done to the pedestals to secure or display the piece.
- Pedestals may not be painted a different color.
- There are 3 corners to hang work from.
- Work may be 10lbs or less.
- These will be installed and removed by the artist, under close supervision of the department faculty.
- Sculpture and freestanding pieces must be stable and not easily tipped.
- A protective barer will need to be placed under the piece as not to damage the floor.
- Make sure the work can be brought through the door 34Wx84H.
- Installations will be installed AND removed by the artist, under close supervision of the departmental faculty. These will be installed and removed by the artist or department.
- Exhibition dates March 26 – April 15, 2020
- Gallery hours Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Opening Reception, March 26, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., Awards at 6:00 p.m.
- Art pick up April 16-17, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work not picked up by April 17 will become the property of the gallery.
INSURANCE AND SALES:
- Art will not be insured.
- The Gallery, College and Staff will not assume responsibility for damage due to improper assembly, design or preparation.
- Work may be for sale or not for sale.
- The Gallery will retain 35% of all sales.
RIGHT TO USE OF WORK:
I also affirm my understanding that any work I submit may be used by the Art Department, Gallery, or College as samples and/or marketing under educational and fair use allowances. I grant the above list royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide and perpetual license to use the work (in its entirety or sampled) for the promotion and/or advancement of the interests of the college in print, web, or other formats.
TITLING YOUR ART
You must title your art. You will receive an accepted or unaccepted letter for each title. If you title your art "Untitled" to help identify each piece separately title them as, "Untitled 1", "Untitled 2", "Untitled 3" and "Untitled 4".