Advising & Support
- Student Success
- Testing Center
- Career Services
- Transfer Services
- Student Access Services
- Student Support
Online Education Support
Online learning can be substantially different from conventional, classroom-based learning. If you are new to the world of online learning, you may be wondering how to succeed in an online class. In order to make the most of your learning experience, ACC offers online resources to help students excel in their eLearning courses.
Online Orientation Schedule
Discover everything you need to know about online courses in an orientation that fits your schedule. You will learn how to access your D2L online, traditional, or hybrid course components. You will also become familiar with the major tools used in an online course. All sessions last under 45 minutes.
Face-to-Face and online orientations will run simultaneously. To attend a face-to-face orientation, go to the ACC Littleton Campus - M1710. Click the date and time to join the webinar.
- August 19: 12:00pm (JOIN MEETING)
- August 19: 5:30pm (JOIN MEETING)
- August 20: 12:00pm (JOIN MEETING)
- August 20: 5:30pm (JOIN MEETING)
- August 21: 12:00pm (JOIN MEETING)
- August 21: 5:30pm (JOIN MEETING)
If you cannot attend one of these orientations and would like to schedule a one-on-one meeting with a staff member, please contact us.
Tips for Online Course Success:
- Courses that are online provide flexibility for when you attend class, but attendance is still mandatory. Similar to a traditional course, you must virtually “attend” an online course in order to benefit from the information and knowledge provided by the professor.
- Paying attention to an online lecture is as important as paying attention in class. Taking notes will still be a useful tool in learning and retaining information. One of the benefits of online learning is the ability to rewind an audio or video lecture ensuring you will not miss key points.
- As with any class, participation is vital. Many classes will require you to be involved with discussions in ACC’s online forum hosted by Desire2Learn (D2L). Professors can post questions as online threads, and students can debate and discuss.
elearning [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
24/7 Online Support:
We have more than 3,000 students taking an online or hybrid class. You are in good company.