Construction Management Fundamentals Certificate - Academic Plan
The Construction Management Fundamentals certificate introduces students to residential and commercial print reading, covering the interpretation and reading of construction prints and related documents as used within the building trades industry. This certificate also covers basic construction estimating. Students will develop skills in estimating the amount and cost of various constructions and will demonstrate these skills by making estimates of materials and labor quantities and the cost of representative types of construction.
Total Credits = 24
|Required Courses - General Education Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|ENG 1020 - Technical Writing I: GT-CO1*||3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Required Courses - Major Courses||Credits||Pre or Co Reqs Required||Course Available Fall?||Course Available Spring?||Course Available Summer?|
|AEC 1200 - Print Reading Residential/Commercial*||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|AEC 1510 - Building Materials*||3||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|AEC 2520 - Building Environmental Systems I||3||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|AEC 2610 - Construction Estimating*||3||No||Yes||No||No|
|AEC 2630 - Construction Scheduling*||3||No||Yes||No||No|
|AEC 2700 - International Building Codes*||3||No||No||Yes||No|
|Restrictive Elective (See Notes for specific requirements)||3||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Define and differentiate various building materials.
- Locate, explain, and apply building codes.
- Demonstrate the ability to Print Read.
- Estimate building material needs.
Recommended Course Sequence (Full-Time Track)
Recommended Course Sequence (Part-Time Track)
- *This course requires college level readiness as measured by Accuplacer, ACT, or SAT scores; approved high school course work that is less than five years old; or successful completion of appropriate college-readiness course.
- Course availability is subject to change.
- Refer To 2022/2023 catalog for specific requirements and important information about this certificate.
- Restricted Elective: Select one course from the following: AEC 2640 - Contracts and the Legal Environment, AEC 2080 - Internship: Construction, CAD 2220 - REVIT Architecture
- The Construction Management Fundamentals Certificate is your first step on the path to being a construction manager or supervisor. The courses in this program will provide you with the necessary education and skills to enter the construction profession. Refer to the 2022/2023 Catalog for program admission, elective course and graduation requirements; consult the Architecture Department for specific course planning information and guidance and utilize DegreeCheck to monitor progress.