- College Leadership
- ACC Vision - Strategic Plan
- Employment at ACC
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Institutional Research
Policies & Procedures
- AP 0-01 ACC Procedure Process
- AP 1-40 Academic Freedom
- AP 3-10 Employment Selection Procedure
- AP 3-10a Employment Standards Faculty Instructors
- AP 3-10b Faculty And Instructor Qualifications
- AP 3-20 Due Process Faculty
- AP 3-31 Evaluation Faculty Job Performance
- AP 3-31a Evaluation Administrative Professional And Technical Staff
- AP 3-44 Faculty Professional Development Award
- AP 3-45 Administrative, Professional and Technical Salary Plan
- AP 3-55 Faculty Salary Plan
- AP 3-60 Transitional Retirement Program
- AP 3-80 Faculty Rights Responsibilities And Workload
- AP 3-81 Chairs Rights And Responsibilities
- AP 3-110 Records Management And Colorado Open Records Act Requests
- AP 3-125g Web It Accessibility Plan
- AP 3-150 Employee Code Conduct
- AP 3-160 Travel and Relocation Assistance for Finalists and New Hires
- AP 4-25 Tuition Classification Appeal
- AP 9-09 Requirements for Certificates and Degrees
- AP 9-30 Curriculum Development
- AP 9-47 Instructional Program Review
- AP 16-60a Protocol for Non-Commercial Expressive Activity on Campus by the General Public
- AP 16-60b Protocol for Vending and Solicitation on Campus
- AP 16-60c Protocol for Posting and Bulletin Boards on Campus
- AP 19-30a Tobacco and Smoke Free Campus
- Classified Leave Sharing Program
- Visit ACC
Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services Search
The president of Arapahoe Community College, Dr. Stephanie J. Fujii, has announced a national search for the college’s Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services. She invites all highly qualified individuals to apply. The College is seeking a systemic, creative, and collaborative leader, who wishes to lead the college in review of collaborative strategies and processes to improve quality, efficiency, and productivity working with the other vice presidents/units in support of improving outcomes for students.
This is an exciting opportunity for a successful individual to play a key leadership role in an inclusive, innovative, and responsive institution which is fiscally and financially sound due to stable enrollment throughout the pandemic.
ACC is especially interested in considering applicants from historically marginalized populations (people of color, LGTBQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, people with disabilities, etc.) and applicants who have experience engaging and supporting these populations.
Apply by October 23, 2022 for priority review.
Arapahoe Community College is a comprehensive community college serving the southern portion of the greater Denver metro area in three locations: campuses in Littleton and Castle Rock and a shared location in Lone Tree with Douglas County School District. It is a public, open-access institution, guided by its mission to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities it serves. The college serves approximately 10,000 students and employs more than 900 faculty, instructors, administrators and staff.
Arapahoe Community College serves three unique communities and counties in the South Metro Denver Area. The City of Littleton, in Arapahoe County, offers spectacular panoramic views of the Colorado Rockies. Littleton embodies a strong sense of community through its historic downtown, volunteerism, entrepreneurial spirit, and numerous community events. Littleton’s vibrant art community is supported by ACC’s Colorado Gallery of the Arts and makes it the perfect location for ACC’s Art and Design Center with Fine Art, Design and Technology programs.
Thirty miles south of downtown Denver is Douglas County and the ACC Sturm Collaboration Campus. The county has been ranked as one of the friendliest, happiest, and healthiest in the nation with some of the lowest jobless rates. Castle Rock offers a small-town atmosphere, spectacular mountain scenery, and historic downtown shopping district.
The college’s shared location in Lone Tree with Douglas County School District represents a true partnership much in the model of the college’s Sturm Collaboration Campus. At both Strum and the Lone Tree site, high school students start college classes in ACC's Concurrent Enrollment Program, earn an ACC associate degree or certificate or join with one of our community industry partners in an apprenticeship program.
About the Position
Title: Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services
Posting No.: 802
Posting Dates: September 16, 2022, open until filled with priority review of applications starting October 24, 2022
At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees, and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
ACC seeks applicants who understand and have first-hand experience with historically marginalized populations such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities.
The Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services is a senior leader at ACC and is a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet. The vice president serves as the chief financial officer and senior operations officer and strategically leads finance and campus operations. In collaboration with the President’s Cabinet, the vice president will shape strategy to ensure the College’s financial health in support of ACC’s educational mission.
Overseeing all financial aspects of the college, the vice president will develop and implement a system of internal controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; develop and provide recommendations for operating and capital budgets; and present sound fiscal forecasts and projections that ensure effective and efficient resource availability and allocation.
Additionally, the Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services provides strategic and operational management, planning and leadership for the building and facilities maintenance program, capital construction, risk management, and auxiliary operations. The Vice President of Finance & Administrative Services is a systemic and creative thinker who looks for opportunities in their areas of responsibility to ensure that fiscal resources are aligned with improving outcomes for students and employees.
ACC Equity Statement
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or closely related field from an accredited institution OR a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution AND two years’ relevant experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience in financial accounting, auditing, or public/nonprofit accounting, including the management of fiscal policies and procedures.
- Five (5) years’ supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and assessment of fiscal, project, and risk management.
- Knowledge of and experience with procurement processes, financial controls, and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds and evidence of a commitment to creating an inclusive learning & work environment.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience using Banner accounting and CORE financial systems.
- Knowledge of State of Colorado Fiscal Rules and/or CCCS Standard Accounting Procedures (SAP).
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports files and office materials weighing up to 10 lbs.
- This is largely a sedentary role. This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or angela [dot] johnson [at] arapahoe [dot] edu.
Advertised Salary Range
Salary range for this position is $136,607 to $153,000, commensurate with education and experience. AP 3-45 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments. This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System.
All applicants must submit:
- Detailed letter of interest (cover letter) addressing the job announcement. Please include your experiences embedding equity and inclusion in your work, see below.
At ACC we seek to hire candidates that demonstrate a commitment to and experience with embedding equity and inclusion into their professional role. Please address this specifically in your cover letter explaining what diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) means to you and how you may have incorporated DEI into your current or previous professional responsibilities.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates who are selected to interview will be asked to submit a completed application form and the names and contact information for three professional references. Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Visit our Careers website to submit your application.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at accaskhr [at] arapahoe [dot] edu.
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support our employees, including:
- Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA’s Defined Benefit Plan or Defined Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 20.95% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental retirement plans including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are also available.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings benefits.
- Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
- Generous paid time off benefits including up to 15 hours of annual leave and 10 hours sick leave per month, 10 paid holidays per year, and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer activities.
- Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
- State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and services and other benefits resources.
- Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
- New hires for full-time positions may be eligible for a relocation assistance benefit if relocating at least 100 miles to work at ACC. Information about this can be found in AP 3-160.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, campus [dot] police [at] arapahoe [dot] edu, or room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.
- Lisa Matye Edwards (VP Student Affairs) – Chair
- Chris Juarez, Dean of Math & Sciences
- Tina Griesheimer, Director of Marketing
- Jill Becker-Lutz, AVP of Finance
- Julia Fitzpatrick, Director of Capital Projects
- Devin Asbury – Director of Facilities
- Tom DeMoulin, Art & Design Faculty & Program Chair
- Scott Guenthner, English Faculty
- Mark Olson, Cashier’s Office
- Juan Ulloa, Operations Manager, Cashier's Office
VP Finance & Administrative Services Search Timeline
- Mid-September – Mid-October - Active recruiting
- Sunday, October 23 - Target date for receipt of applications (priority)
- Early November – Search Committee identifies semi-finalists for first round interviews
- Friday, November 11 – Semi-Finalists interviews (video)
- Mid-November – Search Committee identifies finalists
- Friday, December 2 – Finalists visit campus for forums and interviews
- Mid-December - President announces new Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services
- Mid-January - Preferred start date but is negotiable
Apply by October 23, 2022 for priority review.