We respect, understand, and embrace the differences and similarities among our students, staff, faculty and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equal and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
August 22, 2012
We seek to connect ACC's campus culture and behavior to our Values of Inclusivity and Diversity through cultivating an environment of acceptance using open conversations to improve awareness and enhance harmonies and by hosting events and sponsoring activities that reflect our mission.
College Diversity & Inclusivity Project Members
- Vanessa Anderson, Ph.D., Dean of Legal, Communication, Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Veronica Chavez, Department Chair - Spanish & World Languages
- Shari Culver, Career and Transfer Counselor
- Diana M. Doyle, Ph.D., ACC President
- Monica Fuglei, English Faculty
- Hidemi Matsushita, Music Department Chair
- Lisa Matye Edwards, Vice President of Student Affairs
- Ariel Mendez, Financial Aid Advisor
- Edward Nance, Academic Advisor
- Jenai Rutledge, Biology Faculty
- Jason Schlueter, English Faculty
- Wendy Winter-Searcy, Career and Transfer Center Director
- Dawn Zoni, Dean of Student Affairs
Arapahoe Community College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Arapahoe Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs.
The College has designated Angela Williams, Human Resources Director, as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Coordinator/Title IX Coordinator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Angela Williams, Human Resources Director at 5900 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, CO 80120, telephone 303.797.5715.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone 303.844.3417.