This is Colorado State Wide Virtual Exhibition
Hosted by the Heritage Fine Art Guild & Colorado Gallery of the Arts
SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Submissions accepted from September 28 - October 9. The submission site will close on October 9 at midnight.
- Jpeg format, 15MB max is required for submissions. Larger sizes will not upload.
- Max 3 piece per artist.
- Document your art before you frame it. No mat, glass or frame should be in the photo.
- Crop your image before you upload it.
- Make sure the contrast and color look correct.
- Make sure the image is display ready.
- Art must be appropriate for all ages viewing the site. The HFAG, college and gallery may remove images at their discretion.
- Accepted and Unaccepted emails will go out October 14 or you may log in to see the results. Keep track of your username and password. You will receive an email for each title you enter. Make sure your email is correct.
- If you are having troubles submitting your art to this site please email trish [dot] sangelo [at] arapahoe [dot] edu
- Art media accepted – 2D original drawing, painting and mixed media.
- Artwork may be of any subject matter.
- Artwork may be traditional or abstract.
TITLING YOUR ART:
You must title your art. If you title your art "Untitled" to help identify each piece separately title them as, "Untitled 1", "Untitled 2" and "Untitled 3". You will receive an email for each title you enter. Make sure your email is correct.
RIGHT TO USE OF WORK:
Work may be used by HFAG, ACC and Gallery to market the show. The artist will grant the above list royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide and perpetual license to use the work (in its entirety or sampled) for the promotion and/or advancement of the interests of the college in print, web, or other formats.
- Work may be for sale or not for sale.
- The Gallery will retain 35% of all sales. Please price accordingly.
SUBMISSION ENTRY FEE:
- The entry fee is due by October 9 (change to the new date). If your payment is not received by October 9 your work will not be juried.
- Submissions for Heritage Fine Arts Guild members is $35 for 1-3 pieces
- Submissions for non-member is $40 for 1-3 pieces
- Check or money order is payable to the Heritage Fine Arts Guild
- You may also pay online at www.heritage-guild.com
- Not a member and want to become one go to www.heritage-guild.com
- Mail checks to “This is Colorado”, Attn: Mary kay; 6080 S Jamaica Cr, Englewood Co 80111
- Phone 303.594.4667
Amelia Furman grew up in rural, central Pennsylvania amidst pastoral scenes of farms, fields, and forests. Nature has captured her attention for as long as she can remember. Visual arts were also a dominant force in her life from an early age. After graduating with a degree in visual art from Indiana Wesleyan University in 2003, she began to explore how she could use paint to express her love of the natural world.
Amelia's background in printmaking and illustration has heavily influenced the direction of her work. She works in a combination of paper collage, text and thin layers of acrylic paint. Using a selection of documents, vintage images, handwritten text, and symbols associated with the painted image, she reminds the viewer that places and objects have many layers of meaning, memory, and beauty.
Amelia's work is displayed throughout the United States and can be found in private and corporate collections nationwide. Some of her most recent clients have been Nemours/Dupont Children's Hospital, Danella Construction, Larimer County, the city of Loveland, Philadelphia Macaroni Company, and Thrivent Financial. Along with running her own professional art business, Amelia volunteers as Director of Exhibitions for the Loveland Artists Collective. She is on the Board of Directors for the Loveland Art Studio Tour and participates in many community art events to help awaken creativity in those around her.
Amelia calls Loveland, Colorado home, and lives with her husband and two sons.
- The site will be open November 1, 2020 – January 30, 2021, to the public at our website Colorado Gallery of the Arts