Want to get back into the nursing field? You can Do More at ACC!
- Designed for the RN who has been away from practice (15 years or less)
- Enhances your nursing knowledge and clinical skills
- Reactives a lapsed license in accordance with CO State Board Policies
- Prepares you for re-entry into active practice
- Instructor advises and gives guidance as you progress through the modules of the program
The RN Refresher Program is offered in three modules:
- Module 1 is a 10-week lecture and online course typically held on Friday mornings for 4 hours at the ACC Parker Campus (map)
- Module 2 is five sessions of hands-on Skills Lab utilizing the nursing lab at our Parker Campus. The 5 weeks are integrated into the 10 week program.
- Module 3 consists of 120 hours of onsite practicum experience at an approved nursing facility after passing the previous modules and a final exam.
Pre-Requirements for the program are:
- Current or Lapsed RN Refresher license from Colorado or any other state.
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers card
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Current Immunizations: MMR, Hep B, PPD, TDap, Varicella and Influenza
- Background Check and Drug Screen
- Physician's approval that you are in good health
- Current Health Insurance coverage
ACC Workforce will advise you on how to obtain all the above items.
Please call 303-734-3701 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be signed up for a pre-enrollment information session/ interview for the next set of classes to being after the first of the year.
Pre-enrollment Info Sessions will be held in March, April and May, 2013. Please call 303-734-3701 to RSVP for an info session.
To learn more about this program, call 303.734.3701.