Placement for: MyFoundationsLab (Score <40), REA 060 (Score 40-61), REA 090 62-79)
- Some are of the sentence relationship type in which you must choose how sentences are related.
- Other questions refer to reading passages of varying lengths.
Placement for: ENG 060 (Score 50-69), CCR 092 (Score 50-69), ENG 090 (Score 70-94), CCR 093 (Score 70-94), CCR 094 (Score 70-94)
Two kinds of questions are given in this test.
- Sentence correction questions ask you to choose a word or a phrase to substitute for an underlined portion of a sentence
- Construction shift questions ask that a sentence be rewritten in a specific way without changing the meaning
- A broad variety of topics is included here
Placement for: MyFoundationsLab (Score <24 Arith./<45 Ele. Alg) or MAT 045 (Score 24-120 Arith/<45 Ele. Alg)
The arithmetic test measures your skills in three primary categories
- The first is operations with whole numbers and fractions. This includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and recognizing equivalent fractions and mixed numbers.
- The second category involves operations with decimals and percents. It includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division as well as percent problems, decimal recognition, fraction and percent equivalences, and estimation problems.
- The last category tests applications and problem solving. Questions include rate, percent, and measurement problems, geometry problems, and distribution of a quantity into its fractional parts.
Placement for: MAT 090 (Score 45-60 Ele. Alg), MAT 025 w/ MAT 055 (Score 45-59 Ele. Alg), MAT 055 (Score 60-84 Ele. Alg), MAT 099 (Score 61-84 Ele. Alg)
There are three categories in the Elementary Algebra Test
- The first category, operations with integers and rational numbers, includes computation with integers and negative rationals, the use of absolute values, and ordering.
- The second category is operations with algebraic expressions. It tests your skills in evaluating simple formulas and expressions, and in adding and subtracting monomials and polynomials. Both of these categories include questions about multiplying and dividing monomials and polynomials, evaluating positive rational roots and exponents, simplifying algebraic fractions, and factoring.
- The third category tests skill in solving equations, inequalities, and word problems. These questions include solving systems of linear equations, quadratic equations by factoring, verbal problems presented in algebraic context, geometric reasoning, the translation of written phrases into algebraic expressions, and graphing.
Placement for: MAT 122 (Score 61+ Col. Lvl Math), MAT 125 (Score 61+ Col. Lvl Math), MAT 201 (Score 103+ Col. Lvl Math)
The College-Level Mathematics test assesses proficiency from Intermediate Algebra through Pre-Calculus.
Five categories are covered.
- The first category, algebraic operations, includes simplifying rational algebraic expressions, factoring, expanding polynomials, and manipulating roots and exponents.
- The second category, solutions of equations and inequalities, includes the solution of linear and quadratic equations and inequalities, equation systems, and other algebraic equations.
- The third category, coordinate geometry asks questions about plane geometry, the coordinate plane, straight lines, conics, sets of points in the plane, and graphs of algebraic functions.
- The fourth category, applications and other algebra topics asks about complex numbers, series and sequences, determinants, permutations and combinations, fractions, and word problems.
- The fifth category, functions and trigonometry, presents questions about polynomial, algebraic, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions.