ACCUPLACER PLACEMENT ASSESSMENT
Photo ID is Mandatory for Testing
- Photo ID must be valid and unexpired
- Some examples are: Driver's license • Passport • Military ID • State ID • High School ID • ACC Student ID
Cost- subject to change
- $10 for ACC students who are currently registered and have their ACC student ID number
- $50 for students who have applied but have not received their ACC student ID number. Once they have received their ACC student ID number the cost is $10.
- $50 for non ACC students
Retest Cost- subject to change
- $10 per section for ACC students
- $50 for non ACC students
Accuplacer Test Sections
- Reading 20-22 questions
- Sentence Skills 20-22 questions
- Arithmetic 17-19 questions
- Elementary Algebra 14-16 questions
- College Level Math 22 questions
- Biology 100 questions (may only be taken one time) A score of 75 is required to pass the placement test. This will allow students to enroll in BIO201. See study materials under sample questions.
- WritePlacer not accepted at ACC but available to students who are testing for other colleges
Next Steps After Testing
- Test is untimed and typically takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours for reading, sentence skills and math
- Math has a built in calculator for some questions. No other calculator is allowed for the math.
- Scratch paper and pencils are provided by the test center
- The Accuplacer test may be taken 3 times in any given year. After the initial test a retest can be taken after 24 hours.The second retest may only be taken after a 30 day wait period. There is a one year wait period after the 3rd attempt.
- Students who use accommodations for testing should contact Disability Services
Test Taker Misconduct - Will result in termination of exam and any retest will be at the discretion of the testing center. No scores will be given.
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind to or from another Test Taker during the test session
- Using any testing aids not permitted by your exam
- Attempting to take the test for another person
- Test Takers talking with each other in the testing room
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking the test
- Distracting other Test Takers in any way
Placement testing is mandated by Board Policy for Community College Students who are:
Seeking a degree or certificate
This includes all new students
Continuing students who switch from unknown to degree seeking
Any student enrolling in College-level English or math
The assessment helps you and your advisor select courses appropriate for your educational background, and in the long term, will help you succeed in college.