Purpose: The Critical Incident Response Team is composed of skilled staff that helps the campus community respond to an emergency and serves as a resource to the Emergency Response Management Team. Critical Incident Response Team members have an intimate knowledge of the campus, its facilities and systems, and are skilled employees from various disciplines.
Primary duties include:
1) Providing assistance with the search and rescue, emergency medical assistance, and damage assessment/control as needed.
2) Restoring the campus to a functioning state.
3) Promoting life safety measures and minimizing property damage.
4) Providing assistance to the college community in emergency/critical situations.
5) Revising the Emergency Response Plan as necessary as directed by the Emergency Response Management Team.
The Critical Incident Response Team consists of the following permanent members or his/her designee(s):
Critical Incident Response Team Coordinator (Chair)
Directs all activities of Critical Incident Response Team
Appropriate VP or other as designated by the College President
Reports to Crisis Site as requested
Solicits qualified personnel to Crisis Site (Traffic and Perimeter Controls)
Director of EMT Program
Solicits qualified personnel to Crisis Site
Solicits qualified staff members to Crisis Site:
Environmental health and compliance
Law Enforcement Academy Program Coordinator
Solicits qualified personnel to Crisis Site as requested
Human Resource Manager
Reports to Command Center to assist personnel accountability
Student Records Manager (Class Rosters) and Campus Police (Student IDs)
Reports to Command Center to assist with student accountability
Logistics Coordinator: Director of Purchasing
Reports to Crisis Site or Command Center as directed and coordinates logistical concerns such as:
Equipment and supplies
Shelter and collection point supplies
ADA Coordinators (Students and Staff)
Work with Director of Human Resources to assist persons with disabilities
Communications Specialist (Chair of Communications Team)
Facilitates communication among the Emergency Response Management Team, the Critical Incident Response Team, and the Communications Team
Note: Additional personnel may be assigned to this team depending on the circumstance.
The Critical Incident Response Team will be enlisted at the request of any of the following:
- President of the College
- Campus Police Chief
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President for Instruction
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Any local, state or federal authorized agent
The Critical Incident Response Team will generally be on campus during normal working hours, and can begin work immediately when it is safe to do so. After working hours, and if directed to do so by the Emergency Response Management Team, the Critical Incident Response Team will respond to the staging area and begin work under the direction of the team leaders.
All Plant Facilities staff, the Facilities Scheduling Coordinator, designated nursing faculty/staff, designated healthcare staff, Emergency Medical Technicians, and other designated personnel are assigned to the Critical Incident Response Team and are requested to assist in emergency situations.
Primary duties include:
Critical Incident Response Team will, as needed and requested, perform the following duties:
- Placing manpower, equipment, and other assets where they are convenient for use.
- Conducting light search and rescue operations.
- Evacuating persons unable or unwilling to evacuate themselves.
- Caring for injured persons.
- Assessing buildings and other structures for damage and recommend if repairs can be made, and if so, estimate the time needed to make repairs.
- Making emergency repairs to prevent further damage.
- Restoring basic utilities.
- Making repairs and clean up the affected area.
- Operating emergency shelters.
- Performing any other duties necessary to the safety of the Campus.