The Colorado Authors’ League will host a craft fair as part of its “Second Saturday” series on Saturday, Feb. 14, from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Arapahoe Community College.
This isn’t your typical craft fair, though. Rather than a time to buy handmade crafts, this is an opportunity to attend intensive sessions on various aspects of the craft of writing.
Three rounds of three simultaneous breakout sessions will be held during the day-long program. Some topics will be repeated. Expert presenters will lead programs in six important disciplines:
- Fine-Tuning Your Writing, by BK Loren, award-winning novelist and acclaimed speaker at writing conferences and workshops
- Elements of Good Editing, by Diane Hartman, former Auburn University instructor and long-time editor
- Basics of Screenwriting, by Bruce Leaf, award-winning screenwriter
- Productive Interviewing, by Norm Clarke, Las Vegas Review-Journal columnist and 2015 Damon Runyon Award recipient
- Successful Research, by Pamela Hallaren, Arapahoe Library District research librarian
- Improved Story Organization and Structure, by Terry Frei, author of eight fiction and non-fiction books
Advance registration is encouraged, and registrants will be asked to indicate the three subjects they most want to attend. This will assist program planners in finalizing the schedule of sessions. Online registration will be available beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 14. Cost in advance is $30 for CAL members and $40 for non-members. Cost for ACC students is $10. All admission prices increase $10 at the door on Feb. 14.
For more information, please contact Denny Dressman (email@example.com / 303.717.7301) or Christine Goff (firstname.lastname@example.org / 303.882.4910).