Adams State College (ASC)
Arapahoe Community College (ACC)
This agreement is to articulate the Arapahoe Community College (ACC) Associate of Arts (AA) degree with Creative Writing course of study with courses offered at Adams State College (ASC) Baccalaureate degree in Creative Writing.
ACC will provide current degree requirements for the AA degree with Creative Writing course of study, specifying the general education required courses and the Creative Writing course of study required courses.
The degree requirement for the AA degree with Creative Writing course of study is appended to this agreement (Appendix A). Given the robust associate degree at ACC, only an additional 7 courses (21 credit hours) are required to complete the English/Creative Writing major at ASC. These required courses are depicted in Appendix B.
The opportunity exists, therefore, for these transfer students to complete an entire second major (for example, in Mass Communication, Business, History) in their junior and senior years, or to complete minors such as English/Liberal Arts, Secondary English Licensure, or Theatre.
Students must complete a total of 120 hours to graduate from ASC with a B.A.; 42 hours must be at the upper-division level. All English majors, including Creative Writing, must complete a 200-level language course other than English.
- The student will provide to ASC documentation showing that the student has successfully completed (grade of “C” or better) articulated coursework, and that the student has graduated from ACC with the AA degree with Creative Writing course of study;
- The courses included in this agreement may be used to meet the course requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing Degree offered through ASC, and are not guaranteed to transfer to other institutions;
- Students must enroll at ASC within 10 years of completion of ACC articulated coursework in order to apply articulated courses to the degree;
- No tuition will be assessed for articulated credits.
Renewal, Revision and Termination
- This agreement is effective October 1, 2008, and shall be renewed annually.
- Either institution, upon written notice to the other institution, may revise this agreement.
- Either institution, at any time during its term, may accomplish termination of this agreement by giving written notice to the other institution. Termination notice shall not be given less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the current term of the agreement.