Fall classes have begun in the Pharmacy Technician program. The next opportunity to enter the program will be January 2015. Students may apply for the Spring start during the next program application period from October 1—November 14, 2014. Please review the documents on this page and corresponding pages for more information.
This fast-track Pharmacy Technician Certificate program prepares new Pharmacy Technicians for many employment opportunities including health care, sales, marketing, research, regulatory affairs, IT and education. Our graduates are qualified to assist pharmacists with technical and administrative tasks of a pharmacy.
As a Pharmacy Tech student, you will enjoy:
- faculty who are accessible and dedicated to your success
- hands-on labs weekly prior to internship placement
- a state-of-the-art robotics laboratory
- two 4-week internships (community (retail) and institutional pharmacies)
- courses offered in an online/hybrid format for 24/7 class access
- face to face or classroom time with all courses
- accredited by the American Society for Health-System Pharmacists
- For more information - 301.657.3000, ext 1251
- graduates are eligible to write the Pharmacy Technician Certificate Board (PTCB) or the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT)
- Salary information
- mandatory program orientation is required for all registered students before the start of semester
- required courses must be completed with a 'C' or better to meet graduation requirements
- program includes 23 weeks of didactic training prior to internship placement
- review admission requirement and submit a program application
- schedule an interview with Ann Oberg, Department Chair, Pharmacy Technician Program.
- Phone: 303.797.5944
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- obtain a "Pharm Tech Student" ID badge from Campus Police in M2600
- Criminal Background Check
NOTE: You must complete the application process before enrolling in any PHT course