- Apply online
- Apply on campus at 5900 Santa Fe Drive in Littleton, Colorado. There are computers available for new students to apply to ACC on the second floor of the Main Building across from the Information Central desk.
- Apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF)- If you are a Colorado Resident, you will also want to apply for the College Opportunity Fund that will pay a portion of your tuition expenses.
- Apply for Financial Aid - The Law Enforcement Academy qualifies for financial aid through the college. Call 303.797.5661 for more information.
- Academy Application Packet
- A copy of your current Colorado Driver's License
- A copy of your High School Diploma or GED
- ACCUPLACER Test Scores or evidence of passing English 121
- If you have a college degree or have attended college, an unofficial copy of your college transcript
- A copy of your DD214 if serving or have served in the military
Requirements and Disqualifiers
- You must be at least 21 years old by the time you graduate the academy
- You must have a High School Diploma or GED
- No criminal history of any Felonies or any Misdemeanor specified in 24-31-305(1.5) (b) through (h), C.R.S.
- If you have been charged with a crime other than a traffic offense, obtain court records indicating the disposition of the case, and submit official records along with your application to the academy
- Major moving vehicle violations (DUI, accidents, suspensions, reckless driving, etc.) will be individually reviewed by the Director
- Schedule an interview with the ACC Law Enforcement Academy Staff. Call the Academy Office at 303.797.5793 to make an appointment.
- Bring your file of completed forms and information with you to your interview
Once you have completed your interview with the Academy Staff and it has been determined that you are a good candidate for the Academy, you will be offered a place in one of the classes. You must pay a $100.00 fee to hold your place in the class. This is later applied towards tuition and will be refunded if you are unable to attend. Classes are filled on a first come, first served basis.
The following items are not required to be in your file during your initial interview. However, these items must be in your file at least 10 days before the first day of the Academy. All required forms may be obtained through the links below.
- Physical Exam: Schedule a physical exam with your physician and have him/her complete the Physical Examination Form.
- Driving Record: A current copy of your Driving Record from the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles as well as from any other state's Department of Motor Vehicles where you have resided the past three years.
- Criminal History: Bring a copy of yours or "No Record Found." To request a copy of your criminal history, contact the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. You will be sent the results of your Criminal History or a statement that "No Record was Found." Print that page and bring it to the Academy offices so it can be added to your Academy File.
- Fingerprint Instructions: No later than two weeks prior to the first day of the Academy you must submit your fingerprints to P.O.S.T. via CBI. Fingerprinting must be completed by the ACC Police Department. Fee required.
Approximately three weeks prior to the starting date of the Academy, you will receive an email with information about registration, the time and location of orientation, and a list of supplies you will need to be prepared for the first week of classes.
For more information contact: