The ability to read and write well will help you Move Mountains in life — no matter what your career path.
At Arapahoe Community College, we have a full selection of composition and related writing and reading courses designed to help students of all interests and abilities improve their language, writing, reading , and critical-thinking skills.
You will benefit from...
- Skill assessment — after assessing your reading and writing skills, we'll help you determine the courses that best fit your abilities and goals
- Flexible course offerings — choose to take classes during the day, evening, weekend or online
- Small class sizes — so you'll feel comfortable asking questions and participating in discussions
- Accessible faculty — who want you to be successful in the classroom and beyond
- Writing Center — so you can receive one-on-one tutoring whenever you need it
- Guaranteed to transfer - these courses will transfer to other in-state colleges and universities
- Developmental Studies Courses - If you would benefit from additional preparation in reading, writing or study skills before attempting college-level courses, we'll encourage you to take advantage of appropriate courses (AAA -- Advancing Academic Achievement, English, Reading)
- Awards for Excellence in English - This ceremony honors students who excel in English, languages, literature, and humanities. Awards include the ACC Essay Contest, Frances LaForge Award, Writers Studio Achievement Awards, and Great Books certificates.
- Transfer Opportunities - Explore ACC's Creative Writing Transfer Agreements with Adams State College and Western State Colorado University, or pursuing a Bachelor's degree in English after completing an Associate of Arts degree at ACC
If you want to take your writing to the next level, consider getting involved with...