Are you an Au Pair?
Read this important information to take courses through Community Education.
The U.S. Department of State requires that all au pairs must complete 6 credits (or the equivalent if it is a non-credit course) at an accredited post-secondary educational institution during their year in the United States.
In order for ACC Community Education Program to maintain its academic integrity as a provider of equivalent academic credit for Au Pair students, the following procedures have been developed for you to know and follow.
- Identify yourself as an Au Pair upon registration with the Community Education office
- Check the Au Pair box on the course registration form.
- Identify yourself as an Au Pair with the instructor at the first course session
- Attendance for every class session is critical for reporting hours to your Au Pair agency.
- Instructors maintain attendance records so they can verify the number of contacts hours earned for the class.
- Upon completion of the course, your instructor will total the number of hours you attended the class.
- The instructor completes an Au Pair Verification form and forwards it to the Community Education office.
- The Community Education office will then issue a Certificate of Attendance to you. Allow 7 business days to process this request.
- Certificates will be mailed to you at the address on file in the Community Education office unless otherwise specified.
Requests for attendance certificates will not be accepted after 45 days beyond the end of the term for which you are registered.