Enter to Win $250 of
Community Education Classes!
*GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL RECEIVE $250 in Non-credit Classes*
*RUNNER UP WILL RECEIVE $100 in Non-credit Classes*
We are looking for striking digital images that celebrate life, learning, nature, architecture, and people in Colorado – and their important connection to each other.
You must read the following rules, terms, and legal conditions before submitting any photos.
1. By entering the Contest, you agree to the Contest Terms and Conditions.
2. The Contest is open to US residents only, aged 16 years and older.
3. You must FOLLOW the Instagram account COMMUNITYEDACC in order to enter and vote.
4. The Contest starts at 5pm MST on March 31st, 2014 and ends Monday, August 25th, 2014 at 12pm MST.
5. The winners will be announced within one week after the end of the contest. The two submissions that receive the highest amount of “Likes” from followers will receive a prize.
6. Your Instagram profile settings must be PUBLIC to be eligible.
7. Eligible photos must include the title of the image, the location of the image, and the first and last name of the photographer(s) and the following tags: #communityedacc AND #lovingcoloradocontest (Please see any entries by “@communityedacc” with these tags as examples - they are not eligible for the contest).
9. The contest is free of charge, and the entrant may submit an unlimited number of entries, as long as each entry is different.
10. If you are awarded a prize and are unable to claim your prize, there is no in place compensation. The giveaways are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If you do not use the full amount, you may not extend the prize to another offer.
11. The winners will be notified via Instagram, Facebook, email, and on our website sometime after the close of the contest on Monday, August 25th, 2014. Photos submitted may be used on the arapahoe.edu/communityED website or in other marketing materials.
12. The entrant agrees to all Community Education/Arapahoe Community College and Instagram terms and conditions.
13. Due to the nature of class content and state age laws, all winners are subject to instructor approval for their choice of classes.
Legal Terms and Conditions:
Your photographs help Community Education celebrate the pursuit of lifelong learning, a love of all things Colorado, and the power of visual imagery. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.
If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Community Education at ACC upon request. Entrants must not submit images that involve human nudity, the willful harassment of wildlife, damage to the environment by the photographer, put any individual or animal in danger, or infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
Once submitted, you grant Community Education at ACC a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in Community Education’s non-commercial communications.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, CE-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
As conditions of this permission, Community Education at ACC shall credit all photographs with the caption "© Person's Name" when the full name is available.
1. The entry with the most “Likes” will be selected as our "Grand Prize Winner" and awarded a gift certificate for $250 towards classes at Community Education ACC. The entry with the second highest amount of “Likes” will be selected as our "Runner Up" and awarded a gift certificate for $100 towards classes at Community Education ACC.
2. Class must be completed by December 31, 2015 on dates determined by Community Education in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Space is subject to availability and instructor approval. Gift certificates may NOT be redeemed for online courses.
4. Participant agrees to accept the Community Education at ACC Terms and Conditions for the class chosen. Winner agrees to register for their class of choice following the registration guidelines set for by Community Education.
5. All expenses and incidental costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including but not limited to, material fees to instructor, incidentals, and personal charges, are the responsibility solely of winner.
6. If the prize is unavailable for any reason, Community Education, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the original prize with an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
Questions? Email us at CommunityEducation@arapahoe.edu
By entering this contest, you agree to certain all of the terms and conditions relating to this contest and you are responsible for understanding your rights.
By entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Community Education at Arapahoe Community College, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, "Losses"), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
Each entrant in the Contest (each a "Entrant") is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to submit the photos that he or she submits to the Contest per these rules.
You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved with Community Education at Arapahoe Community College, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, before a court of competent. IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, PARTICIPANT SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO ANY PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES, OR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN PARTICIPANT'S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY) ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. The Contest and Community Education at Arapahoe Community College’s website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
Community Education at Arapahoe Community College is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the photo competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions to the photo competition, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. Community Education at Arapahoe Community College assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Community Education at Arapahoe Community College is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, servers, providers, computer on-line systems, software, or failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including injury or damage to participant's or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or uploading images or information in the photo contest.
If, for any reason, the photo competition is not capable of completion as planned, including but not limited to, any reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Community Education at Arapahoe Community College, that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the photo competition, Community Education at Arapahoe Community College reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the photo competition.